EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY: All students who are taking conceal carry, firearms training, personal defense or educational classes or courses are REQUIRED to have a WAIVER on file at Bear Arms Indoor Boutique Shooting Range prior to attending any class. FILL OUT YOUR WAIVER NOW.
Saturday, December 10, 2022, 10:00 am—1:00 pm
Wednesday, December 14, 2022, 1:00 pm—4:00 pm
Saturday, January 7, 2023, 10:00 am—1:00 pm
Thursday, January 12, 2023, 5:00 pm—8:00 pm
Saturday, January 21, 2023, 10:00 am—1:00 pm
Saturday, February 4, 2023, 10:00 am—1:00 pm
Wednesday, February 8, 2023, 1:00 pm—4:00 pm
Saturday, February 18, 2023, 10:00 am—1:00 pm
Saturday, March 4, 2023, 10:00 am—1:00 pm
Thursday, March 9, 2023, 5:00 pm—8:00 pm
Saturday, March 18, 2023, 10:00 am—1:00 pm
Level: Beginner & Intermediate
Ages: 12* – Adult (21 or older w/child)
Maximum: 6 students
NOTE: Please bring your own notepad and pen to take notes.
This course is designed around the fundamental skills behind shooting handguns both safely and accurately. The Beginner Handgun (Formerly Handgun Marksmanship Fundamentals) is about 3 hours with a low student to Instructor ratio, allowing for close, personal hands-on attention while still being in a relaxed classroom environment. Course instruction includes classroom work, hands on dry-fire practice using a SIRT LASER TRAINING PISTOL (classroom) and also Instructor led live-fire practice on the range.
Instructors: All Instructors for this course are required to have NRA Firearms Instructor Certification.
Focus areas within this course include:
- Excellent for beginners to intermediate shooters
- Learn and review universal firearm safety
- Key fundamental features include grip, proper operation of your firearm, stance, sight alignment and trigger control
- Practice one of the hardest to master skills – Trigger Control
- Excellent for seasoned shooters that have not been shooting for a while. They can hone their shooting fundamentals while reviewing safe gun handling skills.
- Successful completion of this course satisfies prerequisite requirements for the Bear Arms’ Defensive Pistol course.
3 Hour Class Time
Equipment and supplies provided: Eye and Ear Protection: Complimentary eye and ear protection is provided for the course. Students may bring their own eye and ear equipment if they wish.
Firearms: Bear Arms will provide firearms appropriate for use in this course. Students are permitted to use their own handguns if they so choose. Student’s guns should be cleaned and function checked prior to attendance. Small frame guns, i.e. Ruger LC9s are discouraged in this class.
Ammunition | Targets | Range Time: Provided courtesy of Bear Arms
Proper range attire: No low cut tops or open toed shoes. Ball Caps are encouraged but not required.
* Individuals must be 12 years of age or older to attend this class. Children ages 12 through 17 must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian. No tag alongs. Legal guardians or parents must also sign up for the class and be present on the range to supervise their underage children during live fire exercises. Legal guardians and parents who have previously taken the course are exempt from course fees.
Class reservations are only accepted online. Payments are due in full. Valid ID with proof of age required. Individuals must be 12 years of age and older to attend this class. Children ages 12 through 17 must be accompanied by an adult. Legal guardian or parent of child must also sign up for the class unless they have previously taken the class. Otherwise no tag alongs. No walk-ins or class reservations by phone are accepted at this time. All class fees are NON-REFUNDABLE and do not include the state application fee.
If you need to reschedule your class date, please call 262.478.9111 or email the Bear Arms Training staff at email@example.com as soon as possible. We require 48 hours advanced notice to reschedule.