Gain the experience and will to act quickly and decisively in an extreme situation; Bear Arms offers the specialized training programs and expert instruction you’re looking for to accomplish your goals.
PLEASE NOTE: To ensure accuracy of enrollment and proof of payment, we require online registration. You may also register at our facility using our in-store kiosk. Only ONE PARTICIPANT may sign up at a time. Multiple purchases must be done separately.
Saturdays, December 15 & 29, 2018
January 12 & 26, 2019
Time: 11:00 AM – 2:00 PM
Fee: (Group Rate) $75
Ages: 12 – Adult
Maximum: 12 students; minimum 6
This course is designed around the fundamental skills behind shooting handguns both safely and accurately. The Beginner Handgun (Formerly Handgun Marksmanship Fundamentals) is about 3 hours with a low student to Instructor ratio, allowing for close, personal hands-on attention while still being in a relaxed classroom environment. Course instruction includes classroom work, hands on dry-fire practice using a SIRT LASER TRAINING PISTOL (classroom) and also Instructor led live-fire practice on the range.
Instructors: All Instructors for this course are required to have NRA Firearms Instructor Certification.
Focus areas within this course include:
- Excellent for beginners to intermediate shooters
- Learn and review universal firearm safety
- Key fundamental features include grip, proper operation of your firearm, stance, sight alignment and trigger control
- Practice one of the hardest to master skills – Trigger Control
- Excellent for seasoned shooters that have not been shooting for a while. They can hone their shooting fundamentals while reviewing safe gun handling skills.
- Skills required for students interested in moving on to Level 2 (Intro to Defensive Handgun)
3 Hour Class Time
Equipment and supplies required: Eye and ear protection, gun rental, ammunition and targets will be provided for you. Do not bring your gun. Training guns will be provided for you.
Proper range attire: No low cut tops or open toed shoes. Ball Caps are encouraged but not required.
Individuals must be 12 years of age or older to attend this class. Children ages 12 through 17 must be accompanied by an adult. Legal guardian or parent must also sign up for the class. No tag alongs.
Save time! Fill out your waiver ahead of time before
you attend class or visit the Range.
PRIVATE BEGINNER HANDGUN LESSON
For only $20 more than our group rate, you can enjoy the privilege of taking a private, one-on-one lesson with one of our NRA Certified instructors. This class includes everything that our Group Beginner Handgun offers — but instructed on a far more personal and attentive level. Couples welcomed. Private lessons are by appointment only. Just call and we’ll arrange a date and time suitable to your schedule.
* Class Fee: $95. Does not include Range Time, ammunition, targets or other live-range costs. Do not bring your gun. Training guns will be provided for you.
If you need to reschedule your class date, please call 262.478.9111 or email the Bear Arms Training staff at firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible. We require 48 hours advanced notice to reschedule.