Failure to abide by any safety rule may result in a reprimand or your removal from the range.
Please read up on the rules for Bear Arms Boutique Gun Range. Those seen breaking the rules will either be warned or immediately asked to leave by the RSO. Failure to abide by any safety rule may result in a reprimand or your removal from the range.
- ALWAYS keep firearm pointed in safe direction – i.e. downrange
- ALWAYS keep your finger off the trigger until ready to shoot.
- ALWAYS keep the action open and firearm unloaded until you are ready to shoot.
- ALWAYS wear eye and ear protection on ranges – both shooters and spectators.
- Be sure that your firearm is safe to operate and you know how to operate it safely.
- Use only the correct ammunition for your firearm. If not sure, ask for assistance.
- Never use alcohol or drugs before or while shooting – incl. prescription or OTC meds.
- Never hand a loaded firearm to another person – unless a malfunction and to an RSO.
All shooters must read, understand, and obey all rules before you proceed to any of the ranges.
If you have any questions, please ask any of the Range Safety Officers (RSO’s) for clarification.
- All shooters or parent/guardian must sign waiver sheets before using the shooting ranges.
- No one under the age of 18 is permitted to shoot on any ranges without a parent/guardian.
- If under the age of 12, there can only be one firearm per child and parent/guardian present.
- No pregnant women or children under 7 are allowed on shooting ranges, for health reasons.
- Bear Arms Boutique Gun Range reserves the right to refuse range use or service to anyone for any reason.
- All firearms and ammo are subject to inspection and approval by Bear Arms Boutique Gun Range Staff.
- Individuals displaying the effects of, or thought to be under the influence of, drugs or alcohol will be prohibited from using any of the ranges – this includes prescription or over-the-counter meds.
- All firearms are to be unloaded, cased, with actions open when entering or leaving the facility
- All “carry” firearms stay concealed/holstered unless you are on firing line and ready to shoot.
- Always wash your hands and face after shooting. Sinks are located in the facility’s restrooms.
- Food and beverages are prohibited on the shooting ranges.
- NO SMOKING will be permitted on any range at any time.
- No firearms or live ammo permitted in the classroom, except as directed by range personnel.
- Members are limited to one hour of range time per day. Reservations by phone accepted.
- Non-members may reserve range time in advance and are limited to same-day reservations. Reservations by phone accepted.
- Walk-ins are always welcome but will be subject to range availability.
- Note: Shooting ranges may be shut down for maintenance or safety reasons at any time.
- Note: Shooters are liable for any damage to equipment caused by their negligence.
- Note: Bear Arms boutique Gun Range is not responsible for any lost or stolen items on property
RSO’s are authorized to remove any shooter from shooting ranges or the facility whose behavior is deemed by them as detrimental to safe and comfortable operations of the ranges. NO REFUNDS!
- Any and all commands issued by any Range Officer must be followed immediately.
- This range is a normally “hot” range – meaning firing can commence at any time.
- All shooting must be done within the confines of the individual shooting stations.
- Do not handle firearms or stand in firing area near firearms when anyone is downrange.
- Everyone must remain behind firing line at all times. Only staff is allowed downrange.
- Only load/unload firearms at the firing line – always keeping the muzzle pointed downrange.
- Uncased firearms must be kept at the firing line, at all times. Case and uncase them at firing line only. Note: “Carry” firearms must be securely holstered before leaving the firing line.
- Keep all firearm actions open when not shooting on ranges – keep actions up if on the bench.
- Shooting only allowed from a Standing or Seated position – i.e. no sitting, kneeling or prone.
- No rapid fire is allowed – i.e. more than one per second. “double taps” are ok.
- No firing of fully-automatic firearms – this includes product features such as “Slide Fire”
- No tracer, incendiary, armor piercing, black/green tip and/or steel core, ammunition.
- No use of Muzzle loading or other Black Powder type firearms (HVAC contamination).
- No use of bean-bag rounds or other less lethal rounds.
- No drawing from a holster is allowed – e.g. “draw-fire”
- No shotguns of any kind allowed, including slug rounds.
- If you cannot clear a malfunction, keep the muzzle pointed downrange and ask RSO for help.
- Never remove a loaded malfunctioning firearm from range without prior RSO approval.
- Cross firing at targets is prohibited – i.e. shoot only at the target for your station.
- There is a limit of 2 shooters per lane and only 1 person can shoot at a time.
- Only paper targets are allowed. RSO’s reserve the right to prohibit targets deemed offensive or unsafe. Use appropriately sized target placed at eye level to ensure bullets enter the trap.
- Pick up only your own brass that is behind the firing line – do not reach out past firing line.
- Please place your trash in the receptacle and any “duds/misfires” in noted containers.
Range Rule Notes and Info
The range is designed to accommodate common rifle calibers up to and including .223/5.56 and .308. The rubber berm trap itself is capable of handling .50 cal BMG.
The shooting stalls are ATI Class 2 solid. This means they they are rated for a maximum velocity of 3,388 fps or a max energy of 3,600 ft/lbs. They are compliant with UL752 ratings of 5,7,8,9 and 10. Some examples of velocity/energy of rounds are as follows:
5.56x45mm (.223) 55gr FMJ 3,388 fps / 1,402 ft/lbs
7.62x51mm (.308) 150gr FMJ 3,025 fps / 3,048 ft/lbs
30-06 180gr SPTZ 2,900 fps / 3,360 ft/lbs
300 Win Mag 190gr BTHP 2,900 fps / 3,548 ft/lbs
With ATI Class 2, pistol calibers will not be an issue.
There will be restrictions such as incendiary/tracer rounds and steel core/armor piercing rounds. Under no circumstance will these types of rounds be allowed on the range, ever.